Saturday, June 10, 2006

MY FEW HOURS IN JAIL WITH THE SAINT JOHN POLICE < IRVING GESTAPO >


Pictures 022, originally uploaded by Oldmaison.

Pictures 071

Ok...Here we go.....I’m going to try to give a detail account of what happened yesterday.

It all began in the morning after I phoned the talk show’ “talk of the town” telling the listeners about Atlantica!!!

Afterwards, I walked to King’s Square!!!

Once I arrived, there must have been around 50 people in the area.

I was a little surprise because if you took the protesters from Fredericton and Halifax out?

There wouldn’t be too many left from Saint John!!

I made it very clear in the Capital that I would be present as a Blogger and not as a Protester. I have a little blog and I will spread the word of the going ons of what happens during the protest.

The protesters decided they would walk down King Street toward the Trade and Convention Center just for a try out and afterwards they would meet at noon at King Square.

The protesters walked down to Market Square and I was surprise they were allowed in the trade convention centre.

There were three cops around but I could feel some tension in the air.

The protesters walked to the main area in Market Square and took the stage and began preaching their message via a bullhorn.

I was surprised by this approach and security quickly came to put the matter to an end. The police chatted with the protesters and they seem to come to an agreement.

From there they continued their march to the Library where the Labor Leaders were holding a news conference.

I took a few pictures and met a few people who I haven’t seen for a long time. I took a few pictures for souvenirs.

I left the area because I had to meet someone at 11:30am.

At noon, everyone gathered at King’s Square to plan for their next step.

Myself and David Thompson decided to leave the protesters alone and began walking towards Market Square.

I met a lot of people while walking around. I bumped into media personal Robert Jones, Mike Cameron and others.

They went and asked for a pass to attend the news conference that Kenneth Irving was holding.

I noticed two cops who gave me a very dirty look but I just ignored them. I went to the front desk and asks if I could attend the conference as a blogger?

Sorry, not allowed! I wonder why?..lol...

A few business people shouted at me a Hi Charles!!!

I was maybe hoping to get a picture of me and Kenneth Irving?

Pictures 028

He’s one of the Irvings who always been good to me. I like this young Billionaire, he pretty interesting to listen to.

I decided to walked around toward Market Square until I bumped into one of the young female protesters.

I asked her - Where’s are the protesters?

She didn’t know. I noticed convicted thief Carl White walking by and I just turned my head and continue chatting with the young girl.

She was chatting on a radio. The next thing I knew, the protesters showed up at this entrance.

They opened the door and began running like crazy.

One by one they zoomed by me. I didn’t really know what was going on?

I began to take pictures while they ran past me. In the past, I protested on many occasions but not in this style.

Pictures 060

They had masks on and where shouting very loud.

I quickly decided to followed them from behind. Hey? I’m sure I could take some good pictures. This could end up being a good blog?

Pictures 035

They open an fire exit door and walked in the entrance of the Convention.

If they would have took a right? They would have ended right in the middle of the conference.

They didn’t.

They went right at the main entrance. I took many pictures while following these protesters. There were two cops at the front door and a confrontation took place.

Pictures 037

I stayed back and I was clicking away while the mayhem continued.

The media quickly left the conference to witness this showdown.

Pictures 018

The Saint John Police < Irving Gestapo > quickly put one of the protesters on the ground.

I continued to take pictures.

I was beside a CBC cameraman until one of the police Irving gestapo singled me out!

Pictures 072

Surprise surprise surprise!!!

Pictures 056

The young protesters were trying to force their way into the Conference and at the same time the Police singled ((me)) out????

The Officer quickly put my arm behind my back and push me against the wall!

Pictures 031

I told the cop that I was an independent Amateur Journalist. I’m not with the protesters!

He got really angry and walked me 20 feet until they forced me on the ground.

You see, only journalists who dedicated their life and soul to the Evil Irving Empire will be considered at true journalist! Sorry...I just had to add that one...lol

I noticed that all the media was filming the Irving gestapo.

Once on the graound I shouted- I’m a Blogger!!!! I WAS TAKING PICTURES!!!

The woman had her knee on the back on my neck. They handcuff me and I was surprised that they didn’t carry me out the front door.

Pictures 055

Just like the citizens in France a few years ago. They paraded them in the streets before sending them to the Guillotine.

This time around they carry me through the convention in front of the business people.

I shouted again- What are you doing??? I was taking pictures!!!!

I wanted to attend the conference but not in this style?

It was degrading because I knew a few of them.

Once outside, this undercover cop and the female gestapo read me my rights.

They treated me like dirt and I told them that I don’t understand some English!

Je suis Acadian!!!

Well? That didn’t go over to well because I believe it was at that very moment that they really decided to give me a hard time.

Acadians have been hunted down for years in Saint John and this was no exception.

They drove me to the Police Station. Once there, a cop walked by and said- Hey Charlie!!! Long time no see???

It was a cop that I knew on the streets. I quickly said - In the past, I came here drunk but this is the first time that I’m sober!!! I showed that I had a sense of humor but it didn’t work.

They told me to remove everything from my pockets as well as removing my sneakers and rushed me in a jail cell.

Around 15minutes later, they connected me to a lawyer via an old phone. I couldn’t hear the lawyer.

He shouted that if I couldn’t hear him? It’s no use for him to chat with me.

I told the cops what happen and I expected to be transferred to another phone. But to my surprise that didn’t happen!

They rushed me into the cell and it was only after two hours that I finally got to talk with a lawyer.

I might add that both of the cops were there and the female was very selfish.

I told the other inmates beside me that these cops were racists! They won’t even allow me the right to a lawyer! I really didn’t understand the charge of obstruction?

The female cop said - You want a french lawyer??? We’ll get you one.

I told her to drop it!!! I knew by the tone of her voice that it could take days to find a french lawyer in the Loyalist City!

I had no right to be in the jail cell and I believe that they knew it! I predicted that I would be arrested by the Irving Gestapo and that’s exactly what happen.

Beside me were two protesters from Halifax.

We couldn’t see each other but I felt sorry for them because they had to listen to this ADHD Blogger in the cell and they couldn’t escape....lol....

I noticed that my eye had a little bump so I asked the cop for a bag of ice? I was surprised that the paramedics showed up.

They took my blood pressure and told me that I was in perfect health. I was surprised that my blood pressure was normal after all that excitement. They gave me a bag of ice and left.

This morning, I noticed a lump on the left side of my head and I’m sore all over the place. I’m getting up there in age.

One inmate heard my voice and said - Charles LeBlanc? Is that you???

He was a fan of mine. He always listens to me on talk of the town. I will have a lot to say come Monday morning.

Finally, after a couple of hours, they put me in contact with a french lawyer. He told me that the police will let me go if I signed papers agreeing to certain conditions and restrictions but that I’ll also have to return on July 25th.2006
for a court appearance to answer to obstruction charges

I told the lawyer that I wasn’t one of the protesters.

I was just an innocent bystander taking pictures.

He told me they would let me go
but that wasn’t the case. I’m certain because I demanded my service en Francais? It took the cops 45 minutes to get me out.

They went to each individual in the cell and read them their charge. Each of them were charge with 4 charges.

In my case? It was only obstruction in which I will fight these Irving gestapo real hard.

The Saint John Police Forces < Irving Gestapo > weren’t done with me.

They told me that I wasn’t allowed anywhere in the uptown area ((or)) I would be arrested on the spot! They forced me to sign these papers and If I refused I would stay in jail for a long time until my Court date which would have been until July 25th 2006.

I just wanted to get the hell out of there!!!

The cop asked me - DO YOU WORK??? I mentioned in a soft voice. I work at the Leg!!! ..lol...

He said - WHAT???

I told the cop that everything I got to say?

You’ll hear about it! Trust me!

He shouted- YOU’RE A TROUBLEMAKER!!!! (( Labeled Me))

Yes, the Irving Gestapo were tempting me but I wasn’t going to bite. No way!!!

I got my camera and once outside. I noticed that all my pictures were deleted. Even the ones I took of good friends. All gone!!!!

This is were the theme IRVING GESTAPO came from!

The Gestapo in Germany controled the media and the Saint John Force should have never deleted all my pictures!

I walked out and it was nice to enjoy a smoke.

I will write another blog later on.

Now, I more than anyone knows that I can get things twisted a bit at times but in all honesty the CBC news peace clearly shows that this had absolutely nothing to do with me being connected to these protesters in any way Stay Tuned on this shameful episode.

Pictures 024

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie,I watched the CBC news and I must agree that you are definitly in the right here.

They had no business with you or your camera in any way.

Also I just want to point out to everyone who might have seen this on the news last night.

The female officer looked VERY nervous and actually seemed to have very real fear on her face.

I think she might want to put in for a DESK job after this makes its way through the press as you can clearly see that they had NO SKILLS on this matter what-so-ever and it looked as though she might have been plotting a quick escape if re-enforcements didn't come within the next few seconds.

I said it before and I'll say it again- Saint John has the most pathetic Police Force in the Nation.

Saint John N.B. has got to be the only Province in this Country where you can grow dope on the roof tops of the North and South ends of the City among many other things that are truely wrong in that City.

Charlie this should be by all rights ,the easiest argument of injustice that you have ever had to defend as the CBC footage clearly shows that you were nowhere near the actual situation at hand.

Good Luck and you once again have done a Great Job! especially on the near corrupt, unorganized, and above all UNSKILLED Police Forces within this Province.

If mayhem can come from about a dozen young adults within a stones through from the Police Headquarters and their GUNS are at the ready to shoot, What in God's name might happen if the protests take place across town and they have a few hundred to deal with????????

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above, this is clearly third world dictatorship stuff. Unfortunately this has gone on for a long time in other parts of the country.

It is clearly a human rights abuse to rob citizens of their right of movement in the country, but this goes on in municipal courts all the time now. Those who protest are told they can get out of jail so long as they sign a paper saying they won't come into a certain town. This is like the old west where they would run you out of town and shoot you if you came back.

It's also common at protests to take advantage of the situation to arrest 'troublemakers'. In Quebec City, Jaaghi Singhh was arrested while giving a media interview a kilometre away from the protests. He's a well known protest 'leader'.

It is clear that something went very strange here, everything was fine until this one group ran at the doors. That is always unfortunate as it tars all protestors with the same brush. Clearly the other protestors were being on their best behaviour and getting along well with police.

It reminds me of the RCMP operations in the eighties when undercover cops would start throwing rocks, then disappearing into the crowd once all hell broke loose. The vast majority of protestors know that this is very unproductive.

Good to see that your all right, Charles, always remember that the main intention is to intimidate you. Now, thanks to 'the system' you can be arrested simply for being in one part of Saint John. That is clearly a human rights abuse as the freedom of mobility is part of our charter, and part of Canada's signatory to the UN's resolutions on human rights.

You might be on friendly terms with some cops and politicians but its times like these you find out who your real friends are!

Anonymous said...

The poor will have alot in Heaven but, the rich on earth will be poor in Heaven, if they even get there.................
Thumbs down for the ones who don't pay a good wage or share with what they have.......and make slaves out of people, who can't live decently.......and have to beg..............

Anonymous said...

Charlie Leblanc is crazy like hell. He bored people to death with his God’s minutes and pictures of himself. Pictures of himself are totally immature and sickening to look at. It is good that he has not done so with regard to this demonstration.
God’s minutes it turned out that he was just stealing. That is not spreading the word of God that is fraud. His blogs are scatterbrain.

But defending police? Come on now. These guys and gals are behaving like pigs. And like prostitutes who are prostituting themselves to the rich and powerful to get their salaries. Police can do better than that. In Fredericton there is no doubt that one cop is racist and there may be others. In Saint John it may be the same case. It is sad.

Anonymous said...

Charles and all of these trouble makers got what they deserve.

We the people who work, will end up paying the legal bills for these idiots.

Shame, some of them hiding behind a mask.

Support your Police

Anonymous said...

You are a trouble maker charles. too bad the police didn't keep you in for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I think its hilarious when people assume we, the protestors involved, have no jobs. I was told a couple of times this weekend to "get a job". My only reply to them is "Get a job? But I already have two!"

People need to learn the facts about Atlantic, and stop stereotyping people.

My face was also never hidden the entire weekend. I don't know what that bullshit is.

Anonymous said...

I think its hilarious when people assume we, the protestors involved, have no jobs. I was told a couple of times this weekend to "get a job". My only reply to them is "Get a job? But I already have two!"

People need to learn the facts about Atlantic, and stop stereotyping people.

My face was also never hidden the entire weekend. I don't know what that bullsh@t is.

Anonymous said...

I told the cops what happen and I expected to be transferred to another phone. But to my surprise that didn’t happen!

They rushed me into the cell and it was only after two hours that I finally got to talk with a lawyer.

THEY GOT YOU GOOD [ LOL ]

Is it true you wet yourself ??

Anonymous said...

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN THE POLICE TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO START THROWING PEOPLE TO THE GROUND AND 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 DRIVING THEIR HEADS INTO THE GROUND BY WAY OF A BRUTAL KNEEING AS THEY ARE TELLING YOU THAT THEY ARE UNDER ARREST???????

THE MAIN QUESTION HERE IN NEW BRUNSWICK IS-

((THIS QUESTION WILL NEVER BE ASKED BY THE IRVING TABLOID -ALIUS-THE TELEGRAPH JOURNAL))

WHAT THE HELL EVER HAPPENED TO THE PROPER PROCEEDURE OF:

-PLEASE PLACE YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK AS YOU ARE NOW UNDER ARREST--???????

Anonymous said...

I think Charles was treated very unfairly by the police in Saint John, there was no good reason for them to put him down on the floor like that, he's no threat to anyone. He wasn't there to cause trouble, just to take a few pictures for his blog to keep us up to date on what's going on. The woman officer kept saying back off, but I think the police should have backed off.They were a little out of hand. I hope you are feeling better Charles.

Anonymous said...

Ignorant comments from a few won't stop good people from speaking up for our rights..Many people throughout the decades have been arrested and they did nothing wrong. Charles is a good person who has rights and yes Gestapo is the closest you will get to descibing what happen.

Anonymous said...

8:19pm. Why don't you grow up.You are one sick puppy.

Anonymous said...

I think the people that don't care very much about Charles should leave this site and don't come back. I don't understand why they stay.Some don't have very nice things to say about the man. You know that saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything. How true. Most of the people on this site are good caring people.

Anonymous said...

Okay, first it was the immigrants rights protest in Fredericton, then the Atlantica protest in Saint John. There must be a Moncton protest next to make this three in a row for this group of professional protesters?

Anonymous said...

He did not deserve it. Sometimes the wrong thing happens to good people and I do think I respect autority and the police. This time no they wanted to delete his pictures.

The protestors from Fredericton wore masks not the people from Saint John and Charles did not have a mask. I'm not sure of the true meaning or agenda the Fredericton students had in mine. All most of us wants are our rights protected and an honest explanation of the plans they in the works not the bull we are getting. At the price of $600 I wonderif they got the information or were they duped too.

Anonymous said...

Charles, while I find the manner of your arrest disgusting, I am even more shocked by the theft of your pictures. Yet even that is not what I found most disturbing.

You say you were paraded infront of the conference attendees. According to the Geneva Convention, Article 13, paragraph 2, "Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity." It seems you (and likely the other people arrested) do not even warrant POW status. Welcome to the police state.

Anonymous said...

From what I have seen, the police officers in Fredericton are good men and women doing their job in the right manner. I wish I could say the same for Saint John's police force. I think they are trying to be like the Ontario police. But even they don't treat the people that badly. Sorry Saint John but that's my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Rob should realize that there is a differentiated status between POWs and those violating the laws of their own country. POW status applies during war. Is there a war in Saint John of which we are unaware?

What I'm really writing about, though, is the appalling way that Charles uses a comparison to the Gestapo to describe the Saint John Police.

Gastapo: The German internal security police as organized under the Nazi regime, known for its terrorist methods directed against those suspected of treason or questionable loyalty.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the notice that the SJ Police is now using terrorist methods. Was anybody executed? That was a staple Gestapo practice. Did the SJ Police commit war crimes?

I don't mean to say that I am sure that Charles wasn't treated poorly; that's irrelevant to this point. Regardless of whether Charles was treated fairly or not, because he was not treated as the Gestapo treated its victims, the comparison of the SJ Police to the Gestapo is inaccurate and distasteful, and only discredits Charles as anybody who is willing to apply reason to a situation.

Anonymous said...

Well, Charlie, you've finally gained your 15 minutes of fame. I always thought of you as a joke, but now I see you more as a whining, snivelling milk sop. Writing letters to the newspapers, or calling talk shows does not make you a reporter. We have your side of the story, and once you go to court, we'll get the other side of the story. If convicted, I would suggest that you simply go away quietly, never to be heard from again, because you will have absolutely no credibility.
Sick

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

reading my blog at 12:47AM?? Get a life!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You people have never been on the angry end of large group of people. Of course the female officer looked scared...these things can go very badly very fast. Are all cops good? No, but most are. I happen to be in a profession where I end up in these situations with police...how would you feel if you had a group of masked people yelling at you? Take off the masks...when you go do the next 'protest of the month'.

Anonymous said...

Ive been reading your blog for about 2 years? Its about time that you sue! The People that think you are in the wrong dont really understand just how corrupt the New Brunswick Government ,Courts and Police are!!!Your story is just one of many that dont get heard daily. We are starting to see an end to freedom and free speech in our country and it all comes down to big business.. Check with www.injusticebusters.com

Anonymous said...

what the cops did was completely against the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. arresting u without a purposed is stupid. u were near the media and completely not in nebody's way. secondly your mobility rights were also infringed on. making u sign that sheet prety much makes u agree that you commited the crime and that u plead guilty.

i do wish u best of luck with your trial and that u keep blogging

Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

and one year later...sure is funny to read the bad comments....

The trial is over and look what happened???

:P